Firearms Training Signup – Town of Shipshewana Employees
Class Dates: March 26th, 2021 (5:00 pm to 9:00 pm) and March 27th, 2021 (8:00 am to 12:00 noon)
Location: Friday Night – Wolfe Building Saturday Morning – Gun Range
Download Forms, Fill Them Out and Bring to Class
Waiver Forms will be provided at first class.
This Exciting and Informative class will cover areas such as safety, handgun selection, ballistics, shooting fundamentals, cleaning and maintenance, mental conditioning, homeowner’s rights of protection, and the latest laws and legal updates regarding the use of force as well as reciprocity in other states honoring your Indiana Permit. Citizens will also be introduced to the latest shooting simulator technology. This will be covered during classroom lecture and simulation on Friday Evening. The following Saturday morning, all attendees will meet at the firearms training range located at 2755 N 735 W (Shipshewana Wastewater/Compost Site). At the range you will be assigned a certified range instructor who will instruct you on proper application of taught techniques and proper firearms fundamentals from the previous nights lecture.
- Valid Indiana Firearms Permit and Driver’s License
- A functioning handgun and caliber specific magazines
- Holster specific to handgun selected for class
- Fifty (50) rounds of ammunition caliber specific for the handgun selected
- Ear and Eye protection (Ear muff’s or Ear Plugs and wrap around safety glasses)
- Weather appropriate clothing including a billed hat (baseball Cap) and long slacks
- Notebook and Pen or Pencil
If you have any questions, please contact Tom Fitch at (260) 768-4310 or [email protected]